The Chicago Harbors and Pinnacle Yachts are proud to offer “Women at the Helm”, a fun and comprehensive introduction to power boating being offered for women, by women!
One-day classes for the 2020 season are tentatively scheduled for June 11, June 24, July 8 and August 12. Cost is $225 per person and includes one day of instruction, lunch, and of course, a beautiful Sea Ray lesson boat! All classes are taught by certified USCG captains and will feature small class sizes.
Sign up will begin January 6, 2020 at 8:00 am.
Proceeds from the course will be donated to the Pinnacle Foundation in support of worthy organizations for children.
Topics covered will include:
- Where To Have Fun Boating on Chicago’s Lakefront and River
- Say Yes to Life Jackets and No to Drinking
- What To Do In An Emergency
- How To Get Ready and Head Out
- How To Drive a Boat – Cruise to Olive Park
- How to Stop and Enjoy – Lunch at Anchor At Olive Park
- How To Get Back – Cruise to Belmont Harbor
- Dealing With Kids, Men and Guests Aboard
- Ways to Get a Boat – Buy, Lease, Charter
Disclaimer & Refund Policy
Boats and captains courtesy of Pinnacle Yachts. Registration information will be shared with Pinnacle Yachts and the Pinnacle Foundation for scheduling and insurance purposes.
14 day cancellation notice required for refunds.
If Pinnacle cancels because the boat is unavailable for any reason except weather, a full refund will be made. Should the student cancel or fail to show-up or show-up after the boat has departed, there will be no refund nor may the fee be applied to future dates.
Should Pinnacle cancel because of extreme weather, a 50% refund will be made and 50% will be retained as a charitable contribution