We have completed the installation of an upgraded wi-fi system that will support increased web browsing and video streaming.
The system upgrade included a fiber optic network backbone, increased system bandwidth, and the installation of both updated and additional access points.
These access points operate on both the older 2.4Ghz band and the newer 5.5Ghz band and support newer Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11n and 802.11ac. Most newer phones, tablets and laptops support these newer bands and standards giving them access to improved connections speeds.
To help ensure boater access to this increased bandwidth, we have changed the access point name (SSID) and a password will now be required.
SSID: uAccess 2.0
Password: Pick up at your harbor office
• Check in your device’s Wi-Fi settings that you are connected to “uAccess 2.0″
• Make sure you enter the password correctly: Caps Lock is off, lowercase only
• Watch for interference from cordless phones and other 2.4Ghz devices.
• Check that you are in an area free of obstructions that can interfere with signal access, such as below waterline, near engines, metal structures, etc.
• Check that your device’s Wi-Fi is on, not in Airplane or Power Saving mode.
Contact your harbor office if you need additional assistance.